Rehman grew up in Gillingham where he attended Richmond Infant School, Napier Primary School, Fort Luton High School, Rainham Mark Grammar School and Chatham Grammar School for Girls. After completing a Law degree at the University of Wales Aberystwyth, he was called to the Bar of England and Wales at Lincolns Inn.
Rehman represented both Gillingham and Rainham as a Councillor before standing for Parliament. He cares passionately about the community where he grew up.
Rehman has completed several half-marathons raising money for local good causes and charities.
- Special Adviser to the Rt Hon Francis Maude (Chairman of the Conservative Party)
- Special Adviser to Benazir Bhutto (Former Prime Minister of Pakistan)
- Barrister, 18 Red Lion Court, Chambers of David Etherington QC
- Parliamentary Fellow for The Football Association 2013
- A Parliamentary Fellow for Sport England 2010 - 2012
- Councillor for Gillingham North 2003 - 2007
- Councillor for Rainham Central 2007 - Present
- Cabinet Member for Community Safety and Enforcement, Medway Council 2007 -2010
- Member of the Protection of Freedoms Bill Committee
- Member of the Joint Committee On The Draft Defamation Bill
- Member of the Joint Committee On Human Rights 2011-2014
- Member of the Justice Select Committee 2012 - 2015
- Parliamentary Private Secretary to Nick Gibb MP, Minister of State for Education 2014 - 2015
Campaigning in Gillingham and Rainham
Rehman has campaigned vigorously on several issues affecting the area including local NHS services, rail services, protecting Capstone Valley and land at Otterham Quay Lane, and preventing an Estuary Airport.
Away from work, Rehman enjoys going to the gym, running, watching the Gills, playing cricket and squash, catching a movie and spending time with friends and family.