The provision of local health services is a top priority for Rehman. He will continue to campaign for a new hospital for Medway.
Rehman has championed the hospital, and funding for local health services at every level since he was elected in 2010.
During his time as a Member of Parliament:
- Medway Hospital received £18 million in funding
- A brand new state-of-the-art Emergency Department and a dedicated Emergency Department for Children
- £1.5 million of funding for the Mother and Baby Unit
- Rehman helped to secure £6.5 million in funding for South East Ambulance services.
Furthermore, thanks to the fantastic staff at Medway Hospital:
- The Critical Care is rated Oustanding, the End of life, the Maternity, the Urgent and Emergency care are rated Good.
With the current hospital serving an ever-growing population in the Medway area and the A&E being the busiest in Kent, Rehman strongly believes that a new hospital is essential to fulfilling Medway's health needs. In March Rehman raised the issue of a new hospital for the area with the Prime Minister.
Rehman will continue to work with local residents and key stakeholders to secure a new hospital for the area.