Free guided tours of Parliament are available to constituents. The walking tour of the Palace of Westminster includes -
- Westminster Hall, the ancient hall at the heart of the Palace where Parliament first sat and where many historic events have taken place
- The House of Commons, including the Speaker's Chair and the famous green benches and the 'lobbies' where MPs actually vote
- The House of Lords, including the Royal Throne
- The Queen's Robing Room, Royal Gallery and many other fascinating parts of the Palace of Westminster
Please note that tours are very popular and places are limited so generally have to be booked about four months in advance.
Please contact us to enquire about a visit to Westminster.
Tours can either consist of Full Tours, which include both chambers, or Partial Tours, which include either the House of Lords or the House of Commons. They are available between the following times:
- Mondays 9:00am to 12:00pm Full Tours
- Tuesdays 9:00am to 9:55am Full Tours. 10:00am to 12:00pm Partial Tours (Lords Only)
- Wednesdays 9:00am to 9:55am Full Tours. 10:00am to 12:00pm Partial Tours (Lords Only)
- Thursdays No Tours
- Fridays 3:30pm to 5:00pm Full Tours
Non Sitting Days & Recesses
- Non-sitting Fridays 9:30am-5:00pm
- Christmas / New Year Closed from the rise of both Houses to after the New Year Holiday
- Easter and Spring Weekdays 9:30am - 5:00pm
- Whitsun Recess Weekdays 9:30am - 5:00pm
- Prorogation - There will be no tours during this period
Tours are only available on select days.